MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lite...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:37 pm 

I'm pretty lite right now so why not post?

I'm sick of sitting around. This leg in a cast shit is fucking done. for real

I think I'll buy a Bonnie or a Scrambler, I started out on a Triumph, I'd like to end on one.

Maybe I'll get a GS, I've always been a Beemer freak.

Harley-Davidsons are fucking magic. How else could an evil handeling overweight piece of shit get so far under your skin? thjey're like fuckoing heroin. I've had 8 of them and I KNOW there are better bikes out there t but I keep coming back to the stupid piles of shit.

I still want a Triumph but I'm going to go get another drink now,

I learned to ride on a '66 Triumph Mountain Cub, then a Bultaco Matador. Bultaco's are hard to find.. Triumphs are not.

K' i'm done.

Post subject: Re: Lite...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:48 pm 

Can-Am Spyder.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:32 am 

Don't get a lithium battery though

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:14 am 

I keep thinking I need another Honda. I have had Hondas since age 13. I just can't seem to get excited about the Hondas theses days. If Triumph will sell me a Tiger Sport I'm in. They only sell it across the pond. The more I ride my roadster the more I like it. It turned 9 in August. It's Hell wanting a new bike. I hope I get to pay more taxes. I need a new weekend car. The M2 doesn't come out until 2015. I hope you're happy. See what you started. Now I will have to start drinking. Where is my Crystal Head?

misera comites diligit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:01 pm 

A little more clear headed today... I've never had any luck with Hondas. I had a V65 Sabre and a 750 VFR which were both fun bikes but both left me walking home with electrical problems. Just my bad luck I guess but not one of my other 2 dozen bikes have left me stranded so I'm pretty leary of buying anything from them. New anyway, I'd take my chances on a CBX or an '83 CB1100F just because they're so cool, that'd be about it though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:48 pm 

I had electrical problems with my VFR too. It also had vtech valve actuation. I was not a big fan. Right now I will more than likely get a RT in the Spring. My roadster runs great. It is on my keep list.

Last edited by Jmdonald on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:03 pm 

I'm bouncing between another GS and an RT. Lightly used 1200 RT's are pretty thin on the ground around here though. People buy new and ride them into the 100k mile range then sell, that's too high for me to buy at least. Every once in a while something pops up under 20k miles for around $10k which is my price point, GS's on the other hand are very popular and very common so it's no trouble to find a decent deal. I checked out Longo's Super Ten but it just seemed small and spindly, I guess I like the GS's presence more. Plus I'm a total snob and fashion plate so that always comes with a price too...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:48 pm 

SARNALI wrote:
I'm bouncing between another GS and an RT. Lightly used 1200 RT's are pretty thin on the ground around here though. People buy new and ride them into the 100k mile range then sell, that's too high for me to buy at least. Every once in a while something pops up under 20k miles for around $10k which is my price point, GS's on the other hand are very popular and very common so it's no trouble to find a decent deal. I checked out Longo's Super Ten but it just seemed small and spindly, I guess I like the GS's presence more. Plus I'm a total snob and fashion plate so that always comes with a price too...

That laser cut aluminum espresso cup holder you had on your last one was the shiznit.

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:14 pm 

zzuB wrote:
SARNALI wrote:

That laser cut aluminum espresso cup holder you had on your last one was the shiznit.

I don't understand why they're not standard equipment..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:00 pm 

You need the full fairing with your propensity to eat asphalt.