MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm
Posts: 1070
I just finished up pulling a screw out of the Moto Guzzi tire a few days ago. The Stop and Go tire plugger fixed it nicely.

Today I'm riding up in Riverside county on I-15 and some yokel lost his rusty steel can full of scrap metal. The can was on the road along with nuts, bolts, screws and scrap metal across four lanes.

I was on the BMW and picked my way at 2 MPH through the debris and prayed it wouldn't be an expensive ride. I flipped the electronics to the tire pressure monitor for the next 15 miles to make sure deflation wasn't imminent.

I made it there and back with zero damage.

_________________
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.”

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:08 am
Posts: 49
Congrats! :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:13 pm
Posts: 1085
Location: Keller
Knock on something, I haven't picked up any road debris since SoCal. You definitely dodged a bullet old man. Thanks for reminding me of the need to update my tire repair kit. The one I have is ancient.

_________________
Per Mare Per Terras


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:26 pm
Posts: 951
Location: Bonney Lake
Lucky day for you

_________________
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 632
Location: Egypt - in the State of DeNIAL...
I just got some new plugs and tire cement myself - my plug kit had dried-out.

Mine always seemed to happen in the rain. My theory is, the front tire "kicks up" the point, and the back tire takes it up the ass. Rain seems to break all that shit loose from the road-surface, and then lubricates it going in....

_________________
Parfois, on fait, pas semblant!

Oderint Dum Metuant

политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
(politiki predpochitayut bezoruzhnykh krest'yan)

"Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm
Posts: 1070
The_AirHawk wrote:
I just got some new plugs and tire cement myself - my plug kit had dried-out.

Mine always seemed to happen in the rain. My theory is, the front tire "kicks up" the point, and the back tire takes it up the ass. Rain seems to break all that shit loose from the road-surface, and then lubricates it going in....


My tire plugger doesn't use any cement. Just some lube to stick the old mushroom in the hole if you know what I mean.

_________________
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.”

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 632
Location: Egypt - in the State of DeNIAL...
zzuB wrote:
The_AirHawk wrote:
I just got some new plugs and tire cement myself - my plug kit had dried-out.

Mine always seemed to happen in the rain. My theory is, the front tire "kicks up" the point, and the back tire takes it up the ass. Rain seems to break all that shit loose from the road-surface, and then lubricates it going in....


My tire plugger doesn't use any cement. Just some lube to stick the old mushroom in the hole if you know what I mean.


I use it as a lube - I use those "rope" type plugs that have the goo all embedded in the fibres. Used those for something like 35 years now, nary a failure (of the plug) a one, car, truck or bike....

_________________
Parfois, on fait, pas semblant!

Oderint Dum Metuant

политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
(politiki predpochitayut bezoruzhnykh krest'yan)

"Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm
Posts: 1070
The_AirHawk wrote:
zzuB wrote:
The_AirHawk wrote:
I just got some new plugs and tire cement myself - my plug kit had dried-out.

Mine always seemed to happen in the rain. My theory is, the front tire "kicks up" the point, and the back tire takes it up the ass. Rain seems to break all that shit loose from the road-surface, and then lubricates it going in....


My tire plugger doesn't use any cement. Just some lube to stick the old mushroom in the hole if you know what I mean.


I use it as a lube - I use those "rope" type plugs that have the goo all embedded in the fibres. Used those for something like 35 years now, nary a failure (of the plug) a one, car, truck or bike....


That Stop and Go tire plugger was so damn easy I was amazed.

Three pulls on the gun and that mushroom plug was set. Sounds like a porn film.

_________________
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.”

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group