MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Honda polish
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:13 pm
Posts: 1085
Location: Keller
Back in the Nineties a friend recommended that I use Honda Polish when detailing my motorcycle. I had always used a pre-cleaner after washing then applying a nice carnuba wax at the end. Honda polish back in the day had some kind of super secret solvent in it that really did clean the surface while you added on a decent coat of wax. I'm not sure when they changed the formula but it was never the same after that. I've been using Original Bike Spirits since. It sucks.

_________________
Per Mare Per Terras


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Honda polish
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm
Posts: 1070
Yeah the new Honda stuff is not the same. Your bike is plastic. I use Plexus. It's not cheap but is probably the closest thing to the old Honda polish.

_________________
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.”

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Honda polish
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 632
Location: Egypt - in the State of DeNIAL...
zzuB wrote:
Yeah the new Honda stuff is not the same. Your bike is plastic. I use Plexus. It's not cheap but is probably the closest thing to the old Honda polish.


Love Plexus. Quit buying it when it went from $6/can to $28/can. In the space of a couple of months.

It was sometime in the late '90s the Honda polish went TU as to effectiveness. It sucks now.

_________________
Parfois, on fait, pas semblant!

Oderint Dum Metuant

политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
(politiki predpochitayut bezoruzhnykh krest'yan)

"Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Honda polish
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:26 pm
Posts: 951
Location: Bonney Lake
I use the Pro Honda chain lube, seems to stay on and not too dirty. I just use Maguire's soap to clean and Zymol wax to shine, really seems to work well. Zep Orange degreaser from Home Depot works good on brake dust and road grunge and doesn't shit bomb the environment like a petroleum based degreaser.

Being a Left Coast Libtard that kinda' stuff's important to me..

_________________
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Honda polish
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:42 pm
Posts: 295
Location: Panama City
Meguiar's (liquid) Cleaner Wax for the shiny bits. WD-40 to cut the chain lube on the rear wheel. Dishwashing liquid to wash the beast.

The old ST doesn't have any chrome, except the fork stem nut and the brake lever adjuster.

_________________
"Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power."
- Clint Eastwood


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Honda polish
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:13 pm
Posts: 1085
Location: Keller
I think I have used every product mentioned except Plexus. Detailing my bike or car has always been a meditative task for me ever since I cleaned my first mini bike in my grandparents barn. Novus plastic polish sounds a lot like Plexus. I have a Novus 3 stage kit that I used to take the scratches out of the roadsters windscreen but Plexus sounds like more of a winner. I'll have to try some. Sometimes you have to start all over on the kit and process. Still remember the Honda chain lube. I will miss the old Honda polish. Fuckers.

_________________
Per Mare Per Terras


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Honda polish
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm
Posts: 1070
SARNALI wrote:
I use the Pro Honda chain lube, seems to stay on and not too dirty. I just use Maguire's soap to clean and Zymol wax to shine, really seems to work well. Zep Orange degreaser from Home Depot works good on brake dust and road grunge and doesn't shit bomb the environment like a petroleum based degreaser.

Being a Left Coast Libtard that kinda' stuff's important to me..


You've always been able to find that balance between delicate and manly.

_________________
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.”

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Honda polish
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:26 pm
Posts: 951
Location: Bonney Lake
zzuB wrote:
SARNALI wrote:
I use the Pro Honda chain lube, seems to stay on and not too dirty. I just use Maguire's soap to clean and Zymol wax to shine, really seems to work well. Zep Orange degreaser from Home Depot works good on brake dust and road grunge and doesn't shit bomb the environment like a petroleum based degreaser.

Being a Left Coast Libtard that kinda' stuff's important to me..


You've always been able to find that balance between delicate and manly.



It's a gift, really........

_________________
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Honda polish
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 pm
Posts: 632
Location: Egypt - in the State of DeNIAL...
Jmdonald wrote:
I think I have used every product mentioned except Plexus. Detailing my bike or car has always been a meditative task for me ever since I cleaned my first mini bike in my grandparents barn. Novus plastic polish sounds a lot like Plexus. I have a Novus 3 stage kit that I used to take the scratches out of the roadsters windscreen but Plexus sounds like more of a winner. I'll have to try some. Sometimes you have to start all over on the kit and process. Still remember the Honda chain lube. I will miss the old Honda polish. Fuckers.


The Plexus is great stuff - finer than the Novus #1 polish, with a cleaning-agent that leaves faceshields and paint all splarkly and shiny like a new, uncirculated, 1981 penny. All in a convenient, ozone-depleting spray can. (two sizes - Tank Bag, and Garage Shelf)

Bring your Credit Card along when you go to purchase it.

The Platinum one with the high-limit.....

_________________
Parfois, on fait, pas semblant!

Oderint Dum Metuant

политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
(politiki predpochitayut bezoruzhnykh krest'yan)

"Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Honda polish
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm
Posts: 1070
The_AirHawk wrote:
Jmdonald wrote:
I think I have used every product mentioned except Plexus. Detailing my bike or car has always been a meditative task for me ever since I cleaned my first mini bike in my grandparents barn. Novus plastic polish sounds a lot like Plexus. I have a Novus 3 stage kit that I used to take the scratches out of the roadsters windscreen but Plexus sounds like more of a winner. I'll have to try some. Sometimes you have to start all over on the kit and process. Still remember the Honda chain lube. I will miss the old Honda polish. Fuckers.


The Plexus is great stuff - finer than the Novus #1 polish, with a cleaning-agent that leaves faceshields and paint all splarkly and shiny like a new, uncirculated, 1981 penny. All in a convenient, ozone-depleting spray can. (two sizes - Tank Bag, and Garage Shelf)

Bring your Credit Card along when you go to purchase it.

The Platinum one with the high-limit.....


I just bite the bullet and pay it.

I haven't found anything else as good.

_________________
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.”

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group