MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:53 am 

It doesn't look like we will get Fall weather this year in Comancheria. It has been unseasonably warm here up to now. I have tried to get as much riding in as possible but it is only a matter of time until the bitter cold weather gets here. I am better prepared to ride in the cold this year than last. I did a couple of off road excursion trips in the Xterra this year to scope out some good places to ride to. Big Bend looks like a winner. The hill country for shorter trips in 2017. Maybe Corpus Christi or Colorado in the spring. Here's to some winter riding. Weather permitting. We do get some sunny clear dry days but it can be cold. I may try an electric vest or some reasonable facsimile. The motorcycle show comes in January. I am paranoid about ethanol now. At least I've got that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:46 am 

The biggest problem I have, literally is that I out grew my beloved Aerostitch Darian suit. I have a cheapo Bilt jacket that's halfway decent but the only pants I have are pull over rain pants with no armor. They're nice and thick and work well enough, just not like the 'stitch with the fleece pants under them..

1st world problems I guess, at least the triumph has heated grips and seems to thrive on oxygen dense cold air. Funny that, when I got the bike I spent a lot of time and energy undoing the P.O.'s fuck-ups and performance mods. One of the thing he'd done is butcher the intake snorkel, and I mean butcher.. it looked like he used a sharpened spoon to hack the shit out of the closed end and expand the intake penetration. I replaced it with a new stock one and the bike seems to run a lot crisper. I don't know where people come up with these tuning tricks but that one sure didn't work.