MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:53 pm 

I had a small victory today. I have found a top notch dealer not far from my new home in Keller. Eurosport Cycle has Triumph, Ducati Moto Guzzi Aprilia and Vespa. It is the oldest dealer in the metroplex. It is off the airport freeway in an industrial non hipster old school building that has a full compliment of models and tons of used bikes on the lot. Looks like my kind of place. I also came a step closer to my next bike purchase. If all goes well I will be putting down my cold hard fiat currency for a Tiger Explorer XC. It hit all my hot buttons for a sport tourer adventure bike. I have had to increase my weight limit to 600 lbs. There were also at least five Guzzis on the floor including a couple California's and one of the new Aprilia Caponord. The eye catcher is a custom what looked like a made over Thruxton packed with performance goodies done up to look like the old dirt track bikes. It had some nice custom adds like turn signals at the bar ends and nickel finish bits where chrome pieces would normally go. The tank was taken down to bare metal with a Union Jack added utilizing the bare parts as the horizontal and vertical lines of the flag surrounded in black and silver. Not for sale by the way. I also saw a stock Guzzi V7 special in black with the orange trim. It is a peach. As a city bike it would be perfection. Plus it is shaft drive with a 300 mile range. This could be my new city bike. It is a great time to be alive with all these new modern motorcycle offerings. Party on boys.