MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:13 pm
Posts: 1085
Location: Keller
If the new specs turn out to be true this Miata is getting closer to the ideal Sports Car.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/29/flyi ... -official/

_________________
Per Mare Per Terras


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 86
The aftermarket has been putting V-8 engines in Miatas since the 90's. Monster Miata in FL built complete cars or would sell you a conversion kit for a Mustang 5.0 or small block Chevy conversion. They claimed they maintained a 50-50 weight distribution.

Now, if the factory ever gets around to doing this (like Sunbeam with the Tiger), that'd be awesome.

_________________
Go fuck yourself, in a kind and caring sort of way.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:13 pm
Posts: 1085
Location: Keller
I would like to see a Miata with this Nissan engine. At 88 lbs. it would also make for an interesting motorcycle.

http://www.gizmag.com/nissan-zeod-rc-engine/30611/

_________________
Per Mare Per Terras


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm
Posts: 1070
I think Monster Miata is in California Kenneth.

My good friend owns it.

http://monstermiata.webs.com

_________________
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.”

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 86
zzuB wrote:
I think Monster Miata is in California Kenneth.

My good friend owns it.

http://monstermiata.webs.com


OK...I thought it was FL, in the Tampa St. Pete area, but obviously I'm wrong. Is it possible your friend had a dealer or distributor there at some point?

_________________
Go fuck yourself, in a kind and caring sort of way.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm
Posts: 1070
Kindly Doc Moore wrote:
zzuB wrote:
I think Monster Miata is in California Kenneth.

My good friend owns it.

http://monstermiata.webs.com


OK...I thought it was FL, in the Tampa St. Pete area, but obviously I'm wrong. Is it possible your friend had a dealer or distributor there at some point?


I don't think so. Could just be similar operations using the same name. I'll have to ask him if he trademarked the name. Do you have a link for the FL operation?

I've driven his a few times. Totally fun!

_________________
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.”

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:54 pm
Posts: 86
zzuB wrote:
Kindly Doc Moore wrote:
zzuB wrote:
I think Monster Miata is in California Kenneth.

My good friend owns it.

http://monstermiata.webs.com


OK...I thought it was FL, in the Tampa St. Pete area, but obviously I'm wrong. Is it possible your friend had a dealer or distributor there at some point?


I don't think so. Could just be similar operations using the same name. I'll have to ask him if he trademarked the name. Do you have a link for the FL operation?

I've driven his a few times. Totally fun!


I had 3 Miatas over the years. What I recall is reading a Monster ad in one of the car mags and thinking something like "they're right across the state, I should go see them." It has been a long time and God knows I've forgotten or confused a lot of things since then.

_________________
Go fuck yourself, in a kind and caring sort of way.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:04 pm
Posts: 1070
I don't think so. Could just be similar operations using the same name. I'll have to ask him if he trademarked the name. Do you have a link for the FL operation?

I've driven his a few times. Totally fun![/quote]

I'll mention it to him the next time we have lunch.

He was also part of the La Forza project many years ago. They were stuffing V8s into luxury SUVs. It was ahead of its time of course. Remember the old car mag articles on the La Forza?

I had 3 Miatas over the years. What I recall is reading a Monster ad in one of the car mags and thinking something like "they're right across the state, I should go see them." It has been a long time and God knows I've forgotten or confused a lot of things since then.[/quote]

_________________
QUOTE OF THE DAY: “What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.”

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group