MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Donde esta Seru?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:50 pm 

Haven't seen a post in a while.

Maybe the generators went out at the compound and he only has carrier pigeon service.

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.

Post subject: Re: Donde esta Seru?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:47 am 

Maybe he's in a pre-election hibernation...waiting for the horror to end.

I wish I was.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:14 am 

I see him on facebook, maybe he has other fish to fry right now instead of consorting with us yay-hoo's...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:31 am 

Someone said they thought they saw him at the last Bilderberg meeting. Others claim he's in Africa helping the Congolese freedom fighters. Still others claim he is traveling with and advising the Trump campaign. I'd like to think he is in the keys somewhere riding his Tiger and objectifying the local population of twenty something women that tend to frequent the gin joints so prevalent there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:28 pm 

" Saw him in Mombassa, in a bar room drinkin' gin"...

I think he's laying low hoping our shit show of an election is just a bad dream.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:02 pm 

My therapist told me to avoid all assholes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:08 pm 

No, I've just been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest lately being that I'm not in a union nor do I spend my time fleecing rubes.

I can report though that those Kymco scooters are a pretty good value. My wife put a couple thousand miles on her Like200 this summer and she really loves it. I've ridden it and it hauls my 250+ around pretty well. Good brakes and the 14" wheels are a cut above the 8 inchers. Lots and lots of storage space.

The only niggle is that the kill switch doesn't disable the starter button. She managed to it flood by cranking it a lot while the kill switch was off and got stranded for a couple of hours.

I put one of those nifty union jack decals on my Tiger and it's faster than sarnali's again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:19 am 

seruzawa wrote:
My therapist told me to avoid all assholes.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to bring you some diesel for the generators or more alligators for the moat.

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:20 pm 

seruzawa wrote:
I put one of those nifty union jack decals on my Tiger and it's faster than sarnali's again.

Swine, we'll see about that.....

did I mention my genuine Alaskan sheepskin seat cover? the dense though natural fibers trap air forming a barrier that breaks up the radar reflections. Not only is it fast, it's stealthy too. Kinda' like an SSN except not under water..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:16 am 

<Off-topic alert!>

Y'know, since several of us forum members tend toward the (ahem) 'economy size' end of the ergonomic spectrum, I thought I'd bring up that I've just mailed my aged (2003, 55,000 miles) shock absorber unit from my Sprint to a dude in West Jeezus for a rebuild. He hangs out on the TriumphRat site, and has done several of the forums' member bikes.

I had an uprated (1000 lb/in, IIRC) spring mounted way back when, since the stock Triumph spring is not sufficient for riders much over about 185 lbs. The spring made a 'Yuge' difference in the bike's behavior.

Absent the cost of a new spring, my rebuild/revalve job will be fairly cheap. Especially when one looks at a new unit from Works or Ohlins.