MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Donde esta Seru?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:12 pm 

SARNALI wrote:
seruzawa wrote:
I put one of those nifty union jack decals on my Tiger and it's faster than sarnali's again.

Swine, we'll see about that.....

did I mention my genuine Alaskan sheepskin seat cover? the dense though natural fibers trap air forming a barrier that breaks up the radar reflections. Not only is it fast, it's stealthy too. Kinda' like an SSN except not under water..

It also diffuses your farts so the passenger stays in clean air.

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:07 am 

I had a third of my colon removed a few years ago... trust me, I don't risk farts these days.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:16 am 

SARNALI wrote:
I had a third of my colon removed a few years ago... trust me, I don't risk farts these days.....

Speaking of farts, isn't it time for another HD?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:44 am 

I just got a slick brochure in the mail yesterday as a matter of fact. Some flat black slammed Road Glide variant with a section on how to "build your own" with the various Screaming Eagle kits. Looks like fun but not really my cuppa tea these days.

Honda's new Africa Twin on the other hand is getting rave reviews and looks like a pretty decent deal despite my less than stellar experience with Honda in the past. The Tiger is not going anywhere though and my wife is pretty adamant about boosting our retirement savings, so funding another bike is a bit of a long shot for now

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:36 am 

Retirement savings? Why bother? The Union will take care of you. Just like the Teamsters.......

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:16 am 

Yeah, pigs might fly too, but I wouldn't hold my breath....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:17 am 

Pushrod wrote:
<Off-topic alert!>

Y'know, since several of us forum members tend toward the (ahem) 'economy size' end of the ergonomic spectrum, I thought I'd bring up that I've just mailed my aged (2003, 55,000 miles) shock absorber unit from my Sprint to a dude in West Jeezus for a rebuild. He hangs out on the TriumphRat site, and has done several of the forums' member bikes.

I had an uprated (1000 lb/in, IIRC) spring mounted way back when, since the stock Triumph spring is not sufficient for riders much over about 185 lbs. The spring made a 'Yuge' difference in the bike's behavior.

Absent the cost of a new spring, my rebuild/revalve job will be fairly cheap. Especially when one looks at a new unit from Works or Ohlins.

Speaking of Plus Sized, I have been working on that. As I approach the Big Five-Oh, I decided it would probably behoove (beheeve?) of me to get off my lazy fat fucking ass, and actually DO something about the loss of muscle and gain of mass I have experienced over the last 25-odd years piloting a desk around the office. 'Specially since I don't pilot that desk no mo', and have essentially returned to Manuel Laebeor.....

So, from a Peak of nearly 12 stone, I have now managed to slim down to svelte 166lbs. I haven't been this light since before The Wife and I were married. Not only that, but I have started a weight-lifting program to gain-back some of the strength of my mish-schpent 'Ute, with promising (thus far!) results. I can not only see my dick again, but have actually started to regain Abs, Pecs, and (although I cannot see it without twisting my head around like Linda Blair), The Wife sez I am getting good "definition" in my shoulder and back muscles.

Yeah Me!

Best part is, The Wife is participating with me, and is getting Stronger as well.

My Investment has been roughly a week's pay in freeweights and used (but excellent shape) Squat/Press safety cage (so I don't fold-spindle-mutilate my wimpy ass in two when I finally bite off more than I can chew).

StrongLifts 5x5 is the program I am following, and I really like it.

The only regret I have, is not starting this shit a decade or more ago......

Oderint Dum Metuant

политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
(politiki predpochitayut bezoruzhnykh krest'yan)

"Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:29 pm 

The_AirHawk wrote:
Pushrod wrote:
<Off-topic alert!>

Y'know, since several of us forum members tend toward the (ahem) 'economy size' end of the ergonomic spectrum, I thought I'd bring up that I've just mailed my aged (2003, 55,000 miles) shock absorber unit from my Sprint to a dude in West Jeezus for a rebuild. He hangs out on the TriumphRat site, and has done several of the forums' member bikes.

I had an uprated (1000 lb/in, IIRC) spring mounted way back when, since the stock Triumph spring is not sufficient for riders much over about 185 lbs. The spring made a 'Yuge' difference in the bike's behavior.

Absent the cost of a new spring, my rebuild/revalve job will be fairly cheap. Especially when one looks at a new unit from Works or Ohlins.

Speaking of Plus Sized, I have been working on that. As I approach the Big Five-Oh, I decided it would probably behoove (beheeve?) of me to get off my lazy fat fucking ass, and actually DO something about the loss of muscle and gain of mass I have experienced over the last 25-odd years piloting a desk around the office. 'Specially since I don't pilot that desk no mo', and have essentially returned to Manuel Laebeor.....

So, from a Peak of nearly 12 stone, I have now managed to slim down to svelte 166lbs. I haven't been this light since before The Wife and I were married. Not only that, but I have started a weight-lifting program to gain-back some of the strength of my mish-schpent 'Ute, with promising (thus far!) results. I can not only see my dick again, but have actually started to regain Abs, Pecs, and (although I cannot see it without twisting my head around like Linda Blair), The Wife sez I am getting good "definition" in my shoulder and back muscles.

Yeah Me!

Best part is, The Wife is participating with me, and is getting Stronger as well.

My Investment has been roughly a week's pay in freeweights and used (but excellent shape) Squat/Press safety cage (so I don't fold-spindle-mutilate my wimpy ass in two when I finally bite off more than I can chew).

166? What are ya? 5-3?

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:26 am 

zzuB wrote:
The_AirHawk wrote:
Pushrod wrote:
<Off-topic alert!>

Yeah Me!

166? What are ya? 5-3?

5' 9"

Oderint Dum Metuant

политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
(politiki predpochitayut bezoruzhnykh krest'yan)

"Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:23 am 

The_AirHawk wrote:
zzuB wrote:
The_AirHawk wrote:
[quote="Pushrod"]<Off-topic alert!>

Yeah Me!

166? What are ya? 5-3?

5' 9"[/quote]

I always forget I'm a young Michael Douglas on steroids. The wife fattened me up but I quit drinking and eating so much and am heading back down.

I'm 5-10 1/2 and got up to 210. I've already lost 5 lbs and have 10 to go. 195 is a good weight for me. 192 if I try to lean out.