MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:14 pm 

:evil:

Didja know that, to replace the starter in a 5.7L Sequoia or Tundra, you gotta take the passenger side exhaust system off!? Cat pipe, exhaust manifold and at least three heat shields! Oh, the front tire comes off, too.

What a pain in the ASS!

But, a buddy and I did the deed in about 4 hours.

Unlike the water pump. That took a shop a day and a half, and I didn't get back a lot of change from 10 Ben's.

Just one swift kick! Yeah...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:20 pm 

I guess that Toyota must have hired some Germans.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:23 pm 

I have often thought about buying an older car in good condition and modernizing it. I know a local guy here in Comancheria that bought a 1964 Ford Galaxy for exactly that purpose. He is the third owner and has changed out or upgraded most of the mechanicals to bring it into the 21st. century. It is his daily driver. It has the patina of a fifty year old car but it runs drives and functions like a new car. Even though it has been modernized he is able to work on it himself. He changes out needed components on an as needed basis while upgrading existing systems like suspension and exhaust when he accumulates enough money to pay for them in cash. There is something to be said about having a car that doesn't need a team of expert technicians to do basic maintenance or replace a worn out part. I'd do a 72 Cutlass if I could find the right one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:36 pm 

If you bought a Ford instead of that chintzy foreign crap you wouldn't have to be fucking around with it in the first place. You commie bastards bring it on yourselves by supporting those Godless little Nippers.

My '13 Fusion was Hecho'd in Mexico by skilled Technicians in a modern and brightly lit facility, the hand stitched leather seats were made by barefoot artisans using centuries old techniques and the engine... well what can you say about a 2.0 liter 250 HP turbo charged, multi valve duel overhead cam with variable valve timing and direct fuel injection except "Sign me up"!.... That's 125 ponies per liter, right up there in sportbike territory, and it's got a flappy paddle 6 speed and 18 in alloys with Pirelli z rated Centaro's....

The last decent motor the Jappers put out was the 22RE and they discontinued that one a few years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:01 am 

Korea me, Baby.

My Veloster is The Shit. Not even the turbo model (with the intake and pipe pushing 142 at the wheels out of a NA 1.6L), and it has no problem keeping up with traffic (or tailing Rally Cars through the snow at 70+ @ 100 Acre Wood!). It could use a Limited Slip diff, though. And a vastly less-intrusive Traction Control program.....

Oderint Dum Metuant

политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
(politiki predpochitayut bezoruzhnykh krest'yan)

"Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm 

I had a 71 Cutlass convertible, rocket350 and thrush mufflers about 7 years ago. We inherited it. Kept it one summer. It was cool to drive around in and the dual mufflers were the bomb. But in reality the car was a complete hunk of junk. We got rid of it for about $9K. You can have that old garbage.

I have to admit though that it was easy to work on. You just never stopped working on it.