MotorcycleFlameWars.com

Freedom to Speak Uncensored!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:29 am 

A few months ago I drove my wife's new car down to the local Harbor Freight store to pick up a few sale items. On the way home travelling south on an old section of Texas 26 a pickup truck in front of me swerved to the right and pulled into the adjacent parking lot. It is a busy two lane road the traffic was heavy going both ways. Looking up just as I passed through the intersection I see a baby kitten right in the middle of the road. Cars are passing us going the other way at about fifty mph. I slam on the brakes just in time for the asshole in the jeep behind me to crash into my rear end. I put the car in park and get out. The guy in the pickup comes running over and asks if I ran over the cat. I knew I hadn't but the cat was no where to be found. The pickup guy thought he may have ran over his tail. By this time the guy in the jeep comes up and wants to exchange info. My concern was for the cat not getting his info. We are all standing by the drivers side of my wife's car so I start looking for the cat. I see him perched on top of the left front tire. He is barely a handful. I scoop him up and throw him in the back seat. We pull into the parking lot to exchange info. I get home and try to get the cat out of the car. He has crawled up under the seat and I can't reach him. I rolled down the windows put out some food and after two days he climbed out. I couldn't find him. I finally found out where he was by meowing. He had crawled up in the engine bay of our other car. I can't coax him out but he is eating the food I left out for him. Using my neighbors live squirrel trap I finally caught him a day or so later. He looked to be unhurt but I took him to our Vet anyway to get him checked out. No rescue organization could take him. He got a clean bill of health so we decided to keep him. His name is Krash. It is a miracle that he was not run over that day. Of course I have become his person so he follows me everywhere. He gets along great with our dogs and loves to play fetch. I think I may have had suffered some mild form of PTSD. I can't think about the incident without getting a sinking feeling in my stomach. Anyway, I now have a new cat.

Last edited by Jmdonald on Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:31 am 

Grabbing pussy is catching on! Thanks Trump!

—Lord Melbourne (1779-1848), doing a pretty neat job of summing up the Obama era.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:24 pm 

I don't like cats, pretty useless bastards on the whole. Plus they shit all over the place and piss on my front door. I really can't stand the fucking things to be honest.

I'm sure yours is really nice though and it's a cool story how you got it.